Sunday, April 24, 2011

9 weeks today--out little Mexi-Hunga-Rican!

On this beautiful Easter Day as we celebrate the Rising of our Lord, I celebrate 9 weeks of this little life inside of me.  It has been a whirlwind these last two weeks.  My body has experienced the joys of morning sickness, the extreme fatigue, and food aversions that I never even dreamed of.  Unfortunately I got hit with another sinus infection, only this time, I can't take too much for it.  I have resorted to the Netipot and Tylenol....and that's about it!  It is amazing how much this little guy is taking out of me.  I can't seem to keep up.  But, I am just trying to stay relaxed, hydrated, rested, and well fed!


I had the wonderful opportunity to tell my grandparents last night.  I am the oldest of 12 grandchildren and this is the first great grandchild!  We always tease my grandfather, that out of 9 grand-daughters, we beat the odds.  We are not the typical hispanic female statistic.  As a matter of fact, between all of us, from the ages of 14-31, there are no kids!!  The older ones all have their college degrees, and the younger ones are well on their way!!  Last night, I asked my grandma and grandpa, "what do you get when you mix a mexican, a hungarian and a puerto rican (Steve's dad was hungarian and his mom is puerto rican!)?  My grandma was so cute, she said, "a hungry mexican!"  We all started laughing!  I said, "no, you get one of these" as I held up the sonogram picture.  It was like it took awhile to sink in.  Finally, my grandma goes, "you're pregnant?!?"  They were ecstatic.  Today, I got calls from my aunts all congratulating me.  The best call of all, was from my aunt Becky.  She had some wonderful news of her own.  She will be home soon from her treatments in Phoenix, and the cancer is shrinking.  She is winning the battle, and out Lord is guiding her every step of the way!

What a wonderful Easter.  Even though I was too sick and weak to make it to mass today, I celebrated in my own way.  I have so much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to!!



8 weeks and 3 days---Heart rate 182!!

No comments:

Post a Comment