This past week, we also started working on the nursery. We found the crib and dresser that we wanted at Burlington's. When we talked to the sales associate, he informed us that the one we wanted was not in stock, but they could order it for us. No problem, right?!? "It should be here in about 12-16 weeks." WHAT?!?! That statement really put things in perspective....Jonathan will be here in 12-16 weeks....yikes! Steve said not to worry, he had Monday off and could call around and see if the other stores had it in stock. I got a text at work on Monday that he was on the southside picking up the furniture. I got home that night and we were both exhausted from the day, but Steve was ready to put the crib together. It looks awesome!! It is taking shape and the reality is setting in!!
I am just so blessed, so overwhelmed with being pregnant. I sometimes have a tendency to want to complain, though. Yeah, I am at my heaviest in my entire life, my legs ache, they swell, I can't sit up right from the couch, and getting comfortable at night is tough, BUT, I have this amazing little life inside of me. Steve and I have waited to so long for this, that I can't help but just but invite all of these symptoms. It is amazing. Every time I feel him move inside of me, I am just overcome with pure joy and thanksgiving for this little miracle. I just continue to pray for the women in my life who can't have children, or who have their share of struggles. That their time come sooner than later and that they realize that God has an amazing plan for each and everyone of them, and to not lose hope, but to just surrender and LET GOD WORK! When I look back at all that we went through, I can't help but look back and see that God knew EXACTLY what He was doing. It is just so comforting to know that His hand is in all of this. I just have to sit back and trust. So here we go, 3 and 1/2 months and counting!
| 24 weeks |
| Jonathan's room in the works.... |
No comments:
Post a Comment