10 years ago today I was in my first year of grad school at Southwest Texas State University. We had just sat through 1 class already and were getting ready to head into cadaver lab. As we were getting dressed, and getting our tools ready, one of the girls comes into the class and said that the secretary had her radio on and a plane just flew into the pentagon. What?? We didn't know details, and were not even aware that it was a terrorist attack. Without further thinking we went into lab for the next 3 hours. Every so often someone would run up to the lobby and get a report. We were all in shock and in true disbelief as to what we were hearing. We got out for lunch and the reality hit. Our class spent the next hour at the LBJ student center glued to the big screen tv watching in horror our country in a very vulnerable state. The only think I could think of was "Is Leti and her family ok?" It was hard to gather ourselves for class at 1pm. We were in Neuro lab for the next 3 hours. I remember rushing home and staying glued to the television. I was just in utter shock. How could someone be capable of this horror? How could a single group of people cause such havoc on our country, and couldn't even begin to imagine what was going through the minds of those people experiencing this horrific event. I just remember praying. Praying that those scared were comforted, those wounded be healed and those searching for lost loved ones find them.
As I sit here today, I vow that I will NEVER FORGET. Thank you to all of the service men and women, firefighters, police officers and volunteers who gave up their lives in hopes of finding others. God Bless you and your families and know that they will never be forgotten.
No comments:
Post a Comment