Saturday, November 12, 2011

39 weeks!

Ok, as of last doc appt this past Thursday, I am still at 2cm and 70%!  Ugh, the wait!!  No change in over 2 weeks, but I am definitely feeling more contractions, pressure and fatigue!!  I just think it is so amazing that by this Thanksgiving, I will be holding my little boy in my arms.  What a blessing, and what an amazing little gift to be thankful for.  As of now, Jonathan is about 20 inches long and weighs anywhere from 7-7.5lbs.  Crazy!!  That I have something of that size in my belly!!  It is the most amazing feeling to see him completely shift from one side of my stomach to the other.  He is definitely running out of room to move, and mommy is not exactly comfortable right now, either!  As we venture into these next days, I am just praying that the delivery go smoothly.  That there be no complications, no injury or harm to Jonathan or I and that in the end, we have a healthy baby and healthy mom!

Last Sunday we had a false alarm.  It was Sunday night, 11/6/11.  Steve was working, and I was doing laundry at home.  I had a very definite loss of fluid (sorry TMI) and thought for sure things were getting going.  I started having a lot of pressure in my back and feeling slight contractions, but nothing consistent.  I waited about 30 minutes, showered, finished a load of laundry, but the cramping and discomfort wasn't letting up.  I called my doc, and of course he wasn't on call that night.  The doc on call said to go ahead and go to L & D.  I called Steve and he met me up there.  They monitored me for about an hour.  Baby was doing great!  I was definitely having contractions, but they were short lived and not very intense....duh!  I could have told you that!  So, they sent me home.  This past week, I have just been so anxious hoping that with each new morning, something will kick start this labor.  I am so ready to meet Jonathan, and I know that there are so many family and friends that are anxious to meet him to.
This morning, I was doing my daily mass readings.  I came upon a website for Saints of the Day.  I explored the week ahead and found out that Saint Elizabeth of Hungary's feast day is November 17th.  With my first miscarriage, I always felt in my heart that the baby was going to be a girl, and Steve and I had agreed that if we did have a girl, she would be named Elizabeth Grace.  Then you throw in the whole "of Hungary" and Steven's father's family is Hungarian.  Well, there are just too many God-incidences.  Maybe this little Angel has been watching over us all along.  So, I am going with Thursday for Jonathan's birthday!  Any takers!?!?




All glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or imagine.   Ephesians 3:20

1 comment:

  1. You look great Christina! I'm praying for a quick and safe delivery!

    ReplyDelete