Can't believe how time flies! These last two weeks have been a whirlwind. Jonathan is just such a blessing. He is getting into somewhat of a routine at night. We average about 2 and 1/2 to 4 hours at a time but his best sleep is still when he is sleeping on my chest. I have to admit, that is my best sleep, too! During the late night feedings, I can't help but just stare at him and watch him sleep. He is just an Angel. I just thank God every night for this amazing little man in my life. On Monday, we had to take Jonathan to the ENT. He was diagnosed with "tongue-tie" or more formally "ankyloglossia". The frenulum at the base of his tongue was to tight and preventing his tongue from moving properly to latch on and breast feed. Needless to say it was a very stressful time for both of us. We went to the ENT and they started bringing in all of the surgical tools. It was pretty scary. They had me hold him, while the nurse held his head still and the doc held his mouth open. I turned away. I couldn't even watch. Before I knew it, they doc said all done, and he held a small gauze pad in his mouth to catch the bleeding. Then the doc said, "ok, mom, go ahead and feed him." Well, almost immediately he latched on better and had a great feed." So far so good, we will see how things go. We are still having some struggles with feeding, but he has done much better these last two days. It is really cute when you go to burp him. He doesn't like to be face down for too long. He will hold his head up for up to 5 seconds before he turns it to the side he prefers to watch whatever may be going on. He gets tummy time 1-2 times a day, and just amazes me how well he holds his head up and will turn his head from side to side! Strong little booger!! When the nurse was holding his head during his procedure, she just kept saying, "Man, this little guy is strong!" Tell me about it! I felt it in my belly for the last 5 months!! His hair is starting to lighten a bit, and he is looking more and more like Steven everyday. Maybe he will have a little of me somewhere along the way! He does not like to be swaddled! We have an awesome swaddle blanket, but he will nothing to do with it! The other night, I swaddled his good for him to sleep and Steve and I went to bed. About 10 minutes later, I heard his squirming, grunting, and them stopped. I got up to check on him and he managed to wiggle one leg out of the blanket and just let it hang out, and he was back to sleep. What was funny, was that I was getting back in bed, Steve was sleeping on his back with one leg completely out of the covers! Like father like son! So here we are on this amazing journey, hoping that I can be the mother that Jonathan deserves and to provide for him and his needs. I am just so blessed to have such an amazing husband, family, and friends. This little guys has experienced so much love in these past 2 weeks. He has no idea how loved he is!


No comments:
Post a Comment