May 31, 2012, Jonathan became an active member of the Catholic church through baptism. It was such a wonderful celebration. Mike and Melinda served as Godparents. It was Palm Sunday weekend and of course, the readings were much longer this mass. I thought we were in the clear when Jonathan slept through mass for about 45 minutes. The baptism ceremony was held after the mass. He started to get a little fussy, but I thought for sure he would hang in there and make it through. Well, as we all made the sign of the cross, and the water was poured over his head....it all broke loose!! Jonathan screamed for the rest of the ceremony. I felt bad for the other family because they couldn't even hear Deacon Courtney say the remaining blessings. All, in all, our Jonathan is baptized. Knowing all that we have been through, this was such a special day for me. Especially to have my friends and my family there to witness it all. Mike and Melinda are going to serve as awesome god parents. I could not have asked for a more wonderful couple to help Steve and I guide Jonathan in his walk with Christ. My brother and sister in law are amazing and I don't know what I would do without them.
| Add caption |
No comments:
Post a Comment