Sunday, September 23, 2012

First Hair Cut!

I know, I know.  I never thought of taking Jonathan to a get a haircut this early.  Especially as he started off bald!  But, over these last few months, the curls have set in and people have been commenting of how long his hair has been getting.  I was crushed when someone came up and said, "oh she is so pretty."  Ok, that's it.  Mom made an executive decision and said, "We are taking him first thing tomorrow and getting a haircut." Steve came in after his bath that night with a comb and a pair of scissors, and said, "here, I'll cut it."  I love you, Angel, but NO!  So, Saturday morning, off we went to Sharkey's to get his hair cut.  This place was awesome.  Painted in bright, child like colors.  The lady has Jonathan sit on Steven's lap.  The big screen television in front of my son displayed his favorite Sesame Street character, Elmo, and he was content.  I even caught him moving to the side to watch his cartoon, as the sylist worked in front of him to trim those curls that I have come to love.  When it was all said and done, all I could think of was, "where did my baby go."  He looked like such a little boy, not a baby.  And no doubt about it, he looks just like his daddy.  So here we go, starting down the road of little boy things....haircuts to start.  I think next time, though, Steve might bring out the scissors again!


Ready to go!


Get out of my way lady, I'm watching Elmo!

All finished!!  Man, I look handsome!

No comments:

Post a Comment