This past month has been amazing! This is the first year that Jonathan truly understands Christmas, understands Santa Claus and was excited about Christmas Eve! After putting up the Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving, Jonathan would wake up most mornings asking if it was Christmas morning, and each morning, I had to tell him, "not yet." Well, Christmas Eve came, and after watching the movie, "The Polar Express", he had an even better understanding of the meaning of Christmas. At Christmas Eve mass, the priest was talking about the true spirit of Christmas and how we all need "to believe" in the spirit of Christmas. Jonathan blurts out in the middle of his homily, "I believe!" Well, Christmas morning came, and I was up at 6:00am in pure excitement. I couldn't wait to see my son's face when he discovered that Santa came. The night before he put out cookies and milk for Santa, and carrots and water for the reindeer.
Finally, at 7:00am, his door opened, and he stood at the top of the stairs, eyes squinted, still trying to wake up. He stared at the Christmas tree, and I guess his eyes finally focused, seeing the presents under the tree, and in pure child-like innocence shouted, "He came!" He went running into our room to wake up Steve, yelling, "daddy, daddy, he came, its Christmas morning!" THAT is what my mom used to always talk about. Watching that anticipation, that excitement in your child's eyes! PRICELESS! As he opened up his Christmas presents, he sat back and said, "This is the best Christmas ever!" It does not get any better than that!!
Well, maybe it does...having 2 children to experience the amazing Christmas season. Christmas morning was the best, just like Jonathan said. After we opened presents, ate some blueberry pancakes, this little one was moving like crazy!! Steve got to feel the baby move for the first time on Christmas morning. Funny to think that 9 years ago Christmas morning, Steve was putting a ring on my finger asking him to start this crazy journey with him!! :)
Needless to say, Jonathan has said some pretty funny things so far during this pregnancy. One day, as he noticed my belly growing, he asked if he could see the baby. I told him not yet, but he could talk to the baby. His little eyes lit up and he cupped his hands around his mouth, pressed his lips to my belly and said, "helloooo in there!" He also put his little monkey, Buddy, under his shirt the other day, stuck out his stomach and said, "look, now my tummy looks like mommy's!" Every night when we go to his room to read before bed, he puts his hand on my stomach and will tell the baby goodnight. Pure sweetness. About 2 nights ago, he was feeling my stomach, and in true dramatic, Jonathan fashion, he flung his hand off and said, "mom, the baby kicked my hand off." He is going to be the best big brother! On December 31st, we got a chance to see our little one in action and found out we are having a little girl!! Steve could not get away from work that day, but Jonathan joined me at the doctor's office, and got to see his little sister in action (although at times he was more interested in his Leap Pad!) When the tech said, "Mom, its a girl!" I was overcome with joy! I called Jonathan over to get a closer look, and told him, "look, its a girl, you are going to have a sister." He quickly replied, "no it's a boy in there, not a girl. It's a brother." It took him awhile to get used to the idea of having a little sister, but he then said, "I can still teach her to burp and fart!" And that he will!! So as of 12/31, 18 weeks into the pregnancy, we are having a beautiful baby girl! Doc said everything "looks perfect!" Jonathan still has moments when he looks at me and says, "mom, there's a boy in there!" (very matter-of-fact) It would be hilarious if he is right!! Right now, we are over the moon. Steve is still in a little shock, I think. Ponytails, nail polish, hair bows, pink, glitter, bling! Steve said, well, I guess I will have to learn to cut little girls hair. For now, Babe, lets just start with making ponytails!! :)
 |
| Christmas baking |
 |
| Christmas cutie! |
 |
| A belly like mommy! |
 |
| 18 weeks |
 |
| It's a girl! |
 |
| Beautiful little face |
 |
| Arms and legs |
No comments:
Post a Comment