Thursday, February 25, 2010

One week out!

One week ago today I was in surgery.  What a week it has been.  That CO2 gas that they pump into your belly is crazy!  That is most uncomfortable of all.  Well, today has been a good day.  I am now able to stand upright, I can get out of the chair completely by myself, climb stairs with alternating pattern and get into/out of bed without any trouble, squat, get into the bottom cabinets and feel somewhat normal!  I am just so tired, and short of breath.  Today was a HUGE accomplishment, though.  I walked around the block for 20 minutes WITHOUT holding my stomach as if all of my intestines were going to fall out!!  WHOO HOO!!  Ok, it was a sub par pace, but hey, I did it!

1 comment:

  1. Just like the tortoise, slow and steady! :) Glad you're feeling better and healing well!

    ReplyDelete